This is the place for Open Mic contributors to set up your Artist Profile. You may add and change information as you like, but to get started simply fill out the fields below.
The spirit of Folk Alley's Open Mic is to provide a venue for developing, up-and-coming, and/or under-exposed indie talent to share their original songs and music with Folk Alley's online audience, and for these musicians to receive feedback from listeners.
Below are general guidelines for musicians who wish to share their music with the Folk Alley Open Mic audience.
* Keep in mind these are general guidelines that may need to be added to and adjusted as this website feature grows. We reserve the right to adjust these guidelines when or if necessary.
- Agree to the terms of the Artist Release Form provided below.
- Must be an unsigned artist; or if signed to a record label (major or indie), you will only upload material that has not been previously recorded and released;
- May upload five songs per 24 hour period;
- May ONLY upload original compositions, and must possess sole copyrights to each song and performance; They may also be traditional songs that are part of the public domain.
- Must fill out a standardized account form including an e-mail address where listeners may contact you;
- Must agree to allow Folk Alley permission to use songs for possible fundraising and promotional CD compilations, podcasts or other promotional internet uses in the future;
- Agree not to upload cover songs;
- Agree not to upload songs that are overtly offensive, racist, or profane. Contributors understand that there will be a "Report This Song" button for uploads that are not in the spirit of the Folk Alley Open Mic.
ARTIST RELEASE FORM
As part of my participation in the Folk Alley Open Mic program, I hereby grant permission to FolkAlley.com and those acting under its permission and authority the following rights to use the song(s) submitted by me in connection with the program (collectively or individually, the "Song"). If I do not agree with the terms and conditions of this agreement, I will not upload (or will immediately remove, if I have already uploaded) the Song from FolkAlley.com.
1. Grant of Rights. Subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement, I hereby grant to FolkAlley.com a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual and royalty-free license to (a) reproduce the Song, in whole or in part, for permanent storage and real-time transmission on or in connection with the FolkAlley.com site; (b) to transmit or otherwise distribute, in whole or in part, the Song to end-users of the FolkAlley.com site; (c) to publicly perform the Song, in whole or in part, in connection with the FolkAlley.com site; and (d) to otherwise use the Song, in whole or in part, for the purpose of making it available on the FolkAlley.com site and permitting end-users of the FolkAlley.com site to access, download and listen to the Song. I agree that FolkAlley.com may use, on a royalty-free basis, my name (including, without limitation, all professional, group or other assumed or fictitious names, if any), likeness, voice and biographical information (together with all trademark rights therein, the "Publicity Rights") on or in connection with the use of the Song and in any listings or promotional material related to the Song on the FolkAlley.com site. I agree that FolkAlley.com will have no obligation to use the Song or the Publicity Rights.
2. Ownership. Except with respect to the license rights granted herein, I will retain all other rights, title and interest in and to the Song and Publicity Rights, including without limitation, any and all copyright and other proprietary or intellectual property rights.
3. Representations and Warranties. I represent and warrant that I have read this agreement and that I have the full right and authority to enter into this agreement and to grant FolkAlley.com the rights granted in this agreement, and that FolkAlley.com's use of the Song and Publicity Materials as permitted under this agreement will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including without limitation, any copyright right, trademark right, or right of privacy or publicity. I also represent and warrant that I do not belong to any union, including, without limitation, the American Federation of Musicians (AFM) or the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA), or any similar union or organization, and that I am not bound to any agreement with a recording company or artist's representative with respect to the Song. I agree that, if I am not the composer of the musical composition contained in the Song, I will notify FolkAlley.com at the time of my submission of the Song and will assist FolkAlley.com with obtaining the rights necessary to use such musical composition.
4. Indemnification. I agree to indemnify and hold FolkAlley.com, and any subsidiaries and affiliates of the foregoing, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns harmless from and against any and all third party claims, demands, suits, actions, or proceedings and any and all liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from or relating to any breach by me of any covenant, representation or warranty made by me in this agreement. I agree that FolkAlley.com will have the right, at its sole option, to defend and/or settle any such claim, demand, suit, action, or proceeding on such terms as it deems advisable.
5. Miscellaneous. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between me and FolkAlley.com with respect to the subject matter contained in this agreement, and supersedes any prior agreements, representations or understandings, whether written or oral, by the parties with respect to such subject matter and may be amended or modified only by the parties' mutual written consent. This agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard to its choice of law provisions.
(Required information is marked with an * )