Dear Folk Alley Listener,
On March 23, 2015, Folk Alley confirmed a breach in the security of the Folk Alley website. This unauthorized access resulted in the exposure of your information stored on the site. This information contained email addresses and passwords used to register with the site. There is no evidence that names, addresses and phone numbers were accessed. It did not contain data such as credit card numbers, as we do not store this on our site.
The unauthorized access was suspected during a routine review of logs. After further investigation, the scope of the breach was identified. The vulnerability that was exploited in order to gain access to the server has been corrected.
For the safety of your account, and to protect other accounts for which you may use the same information, we advise that you change your password at sites using the same email and password. We will soon be sending correspondence with instructions on how to regain access to your account.
Director of Programming
When you become a Folk Alley member at the $60 level or above, you will receive the following benefits:
- Members-only access to our fund drive-free webstreams when you log-in and listen directly from our homepage;
- Exclusive member-only downloadable website content including exclusive in-studio song performances in our Extras area, and many of our Live From Folk Alley concerts;
- A subscription to our members only e-bulletins that will include special discounts and promotions on newly released CDs, festival tickets, and more;
- Automatic entry into our periodic members-only drawings;
- Discounts on national hotels and car rentals.
- 20% discount on Smithsonian Folkways Recordings
- Free live music downloads from Festivalink.net
Keep checking back. More benefits will be added as we go!
Join anytime! Simply visit our secure donate page and become a Folk Alley member today!
For questions about membership, please contact the Membership Department at